Green Oil White Super Dry Chain Wax
For road bikes, triathlon, fixies and dry trails
- Reduces chain wear
- Its dry!
Some people don't like using chain oil because it makes their trouser leg dirty on the way to work.
Well, White is the solution. Simply, put it on your chain, let it dry, and it leaves a dry lubricating film on the chain. Dry lubes tend not to last as long as wet lubes, and offer less protection in the wet. With White, we're continuously improving the formulation to increase longevity and performance, with fewer applications between rides.
Why use White?
Its important to keep your chain lubricated. This reduces friction letting you go faster and have a smoother gear changes. A lubricated chain results in fewer chain replacements too.
White is great for dusty trail riding. We do occasionally have dry weather in the UK, which White is designed for.
In these conditions, you get more airborne dust which can stick to the chain. White is dry, so minimal dust is attracted. Its great for city riding too.
White won't go on your trouser leg like other lubes, so its great for the commute to work on your fixie in Old Street, or your Brompton on the way to West Brompton. We also recommend White for road racing, BMX riding and recumbent bikes.
White is great for Brompton and other folding bikes - where you're more likely to get oily whilst folding it up.
How to apply
1. Ensure the your bike is secure
2. With the cap on, shake the bottle vigorously upside down.
3. Preferably clean the chain first, and ensure its dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing.)
3. Work out how many times you need to turn the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link
4. Squeeze the bottle gently to apply White to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain.
5. Turn the cranks back for one chain circulation, and leave to dry for 7 minutes.
(This is especially important if its raining).
6. You are ready to ride. Alternatively, for a super clean chain, wipe off excess by running the chain once through a rag.